General Terms and Conditions
Purchasing and Contracts
What do you need to know about pricing:
- Orders will not be filled at prices higher than shown on the purchase order unless the increase has been approved in writing by the City of Edwardsville Purchasing Manager.
- All prices must be FOB destination. When a specific purchase is negotiated FOB shipping point, the Vendor will prepay shipping charges and add the additional charges to the invoice.
What information must appear on invoices and packing slips?
- City of Edwardsville purchase order numbers
- Clear quantities, item descriptions, and units of measure
- Contract name and phone number
What do you need to know about payment:
- Unless otherwise negotiated, no partial payments will be made. Payment will be issued upon completion of the purchase order.
- The City of Edwardsville complies with the Illinois Local Government Prompt Payment Act which states that, following receipt of goods and/or services, any invoices approved for payment shall be paid within 30 days after the date of approval.
- When cash discounts are offered, the discount date shall begin with the date the invoice is received or delivery date to the Village, whichever is later.
- Disputes must be settled within 30 days and corrected within 60 days. All applicable portions of the Uniform Commercial Code shall govern contracts with the City of Edwardsville.
- Mail invoices to:
City of Edwardsville
118 HILLSBORO AVE
EDWARDSVILLE, IL 62025
- When payment of prevailing wage is required under contract, certified payroll and waivers must be submitted with the invoice. Failure to submit all required documentation may result in delay of invoice payment.
How are damaged or delayed goods handled?
- Goods and materials must be properly packaged. Damaged goods or materials will not be accepted, or if damage is not readily apparent at the time of delivery, the goods shall be returned at no cost to the City. When goods cannot be inspected at the time of delivery, the City reserves the right to inspect the goods at a reasonable time subsequent to delivery.
- Delays in shipment shall be reported immediately by the Vendor to the Village. The City reserves the right to cancel any order where goods are not received within 90 days of the purchase order date, unless a longer delivery period is specified in the Invitation to Bid or on the face of the purchase order.
- Questions concerning General Terms and Conditions may be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If any article sold and delivered to the Cityis protected by a patent or copyright, the Vendor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Village, from and against any and all suits, claims, judgments, and costs instituted or recovered against them by the patent or copyright owner due to the use or sale of such articles by the City in violations of right under such patent or copyright.
- Each vendor shall be an “equal opportunity employer” as defined in the United States Code Annotated, and pursuant to City ordinance, or resolution, They shall not discriminate against any other person by reason of race, creed, color, religion, age, sex, or physical or mental handicaps with respect to the hiring, application for employment, tenure, terms, or conditions of employment of any person.
- All vendors must comply with the requirements of the Toxic Substance Disclosure to Employees Act, for any materials covered by the act, and shall provide the City with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for items sold.
- Any act done or omitted to be done by the Vendor in violation or disregard of the foregoing terms and conditions shall not be binding upon the Village, nor shall the City be responsible for any damage or loss to the vendor arising out of, or in consequence of, any such act or omission.