Special Events Grant Program
The City of Edwardsville has become a thriving hub of unique special events, festivals and gatherings that draw tens of thousands of visitors throughout the year. Sports, music, history, car culture, food and more: City-hosted events offer something for everyone. The Special Events Grant Program was established to encourage distinctive and creative projects and to enhance the economic impact of special events held in our community. The grant is a reimbursement grant and not intended to cover the entire cost of an event. The program is designed to assist an organization by reimbursing event-related marketing and municipal fees incurred. Grant applications are now being accepted for events or projects taking place between May 1, 2024, and April 30, 2025.
Over the years, there have been dozens of events and recipients of the City of Edwardsville's Special Events Grant. Recent recipients include:
- The Edwardsville Rotary Criterium and Festival
- The Edwardsville Futures Pro Circuit tennis tournament
- Edwardsville Unity Fest
- The Madison County Historical Society for its Living History Days
- The Land of Goshen Community Market
- Opera Edwardsville
- Edwardsville Arts Center for the Edwardsville Art Fair
- The Edwardsville Children's Museum for its Nickel Plate Station railroad exhibit grand opening
- Que and Brew
- SIUE for its Cougarfest Block Party
- Leclaire Parkfest, hosted by the Friends of Leclaire
- Pickleball Palooza, hosted by the Lynne F. Solon Foundation
Special Events Grant Program Details and Application Process
Any nonprofit organization marketing a free event to attract visitors to Edwardsville may apply for a Special Events Grant. The maximum grant allowed is $8,000. The deadline to apply for the current round of grants is March 1, 2024. Recipients will be notified by email or letter.
Grant funds are disbursed as a reimbursement. They may be used in a variety of ways, including for costs associated with event advertising and promotional campaigns in media such as broadcast, web and regional print distribution; for printing, design and distribution of promotional pieces; and for event-related municipal charges from the City of Edwardsville for public safety, public works, police, fire and parks services.
Applications and supplementary documents and information may be submitted online or printed and then emailed to Economic and Community Development Coordinator James Arnold at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact James Arnold at 618-692-7533.