Message from the Mayor
It is an honor and a privilege to preside as the 32nd mayor of our great City of Edwardsville. Our City thrives because of people like you, who truly care about the long-term success of Edwardsville. The City of Edwardsville is a great place to live, raise your family, work and run a business. My wife, Rhonda, and I have a son, AJ, and own a local business, Swing City Music. Started by my father, Arthur Risavy, Swing City Music has been in the area for close to 60 years. As mayor, I will draw on my experience as a small-business owner and my 10 years of public service as alderman to continue improving our City.
Edwardsville is a City that truly has something for everyone. Whether you're interested in our parks, bike trails, volunteer organizations, churches, local businesses, restaurants or night life, I encourage you to get out and experience all it has to offer.
As mayor of Edwardsville, I will do everything I can to ensure the long-term success of our City. My goal is to preserve and improve the quality of life for Edwardsville residents by focusing on the following priorities:
- Keeping Edwardsville safe. I am a huge supporter of our Police & Fire Departments. They put their lives on the line for us every day.
- Keeping our parks up to date
- Cultivating a relationship with District 7, SIUE and Lewis & Clark Community College
- Continue the revitalization of downtown
- Business growth in our community and supporting our businesses
- Maintaining quality roads and sidewalks
Issues Important to Mayor Risavy
- Public Safety - Supporter of Police & Fire
- Infrastructure - Improving roads, streets & sidewalks
- Water Quality & Production
- Managed growth opportunities with a focus on North Main Street & the I-55 Corridor
- Parks & Recreation
- Economic Development
- Environmentally - Conscious Decisions
- Downtown Parking
- Racial Diversity
- Continued support of the Edwardsville Public Library, Main Street Community Center, Stephenson House, Edwardsville Children's Museum, Wildey Theatre, Watershed Nature Center & the Glen-Ed Food Pantry