Message From the Mayor
It is an honor and a privilege to preside as Mayor in my hometown of Edwardsville - a community that continues to thrive thanks to the efforts of dedicated leaders and engaged residents. My wife Carrie and I have three children and have run a dental practice here in Edwardsville for the last 23 years. As Mayor, I will draw upon both my experience as a small business owner and my 14 years of public service to continue improving the City that we love.
Edwardsville is a community of possibilities. During my 6 years on the Edwardsville City Council I was fortunate to be a part of our community’s growth and development. My vision for Edwardsville includes finding smart ways to grow while supporting the local businesses and institutions which give our community character.
As Mayor of Edwardsville, I will protect our property values, create a vibrant business climate, and will work to keep taxes low. My goal is to preserve and improve the quality of life for Edwardsville residents by focusing on the following priorities:
- Protecting the value of our homes by maintaining quality roads, sidewalks, parks, and excellent schools.
- Expanding our recreational opportunities with active sports fields, bike trail access, and a community pool.
- Keeping Edwardsville safe and vibrant by modernizing our public safety facilities.
- Continuing revitalization of downtown and business growth throughout the community.
- Enhancing relationships with District 7, SIUE, LCCC and the Village of Glen Carbon
- Supporting our exemplary school district and partnering with them to keep our schools safe
- Cultivating opportunities for entrepreneurship with SIUE