Greetings and welcome to our residents, businesses, visitors and any who are considering joining us in our great City! As City Administrator, I am proud of the excellent services provided by our City employees. We are committed to delivering effective and efficient services which are responsive, innovative and proactive in meeting the needs of our entire community.
We are very fortunate to have dedicated public servants who work very hard, every day to improve the quality of life and to manage the City’s growth in a sustainable and responsible manner. Our Comprehensive Plan, our collective vision for future growth and public improvements over the next twenty years, was selected as the winner of the 2010 Outstanding Planning Award by the St. Louis Metro Section of the American Planning Association.
Our community is safe and we enjoy a high quality of life. Our public safety team includes highly trained professional Police Officers and Firefighters - trained and certified as Emergency Medical Technicians.
We have an excellent blend of high quality residential choices within a growing and vibrant business community. It is no secret that Edwardsville is an outstanding place to raise a family, or own and operate a business.
We are blessed with outstanding public and parochial schools with top-notch caring teachers who provide a superior education for our children. Edwardsville is home to Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and a satellite campus of Lewis and Clark Community College.
Edwardsville has received National Recognition that includes:
- In July 2010, Family Circle magazine named Edwardsville one of its 10 Best Towns for Families in the Country.
- In June 2013, NerdWallet, a financial-help site, ranked Edwardsville Number 1 for Best Cities in Illinois for Young Families.
- In May 2014, Movoto.com, a real estate blog, recognized Edwardsville as the 8th Most Exciting Place to live in Illinois.
- In November 2014, Business Insider named Edwardsville as one of the top 25 Best Value Suburbs in America.
Please visit us and you, too, will be convinced that Edwardsville is a wonderful place to live, work and play."
- Timothy P. Harr, City Administrator