ECTV is the educational and governmental access channel for the City of Edwardsville. ECTV was established in 1986, and its goal is to provide the citizens of the Edwardsville/Glen Carbon area with information and programming concerning the state, county, city, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, Community Unit School District Number 7, and surrounding areas.
Hours of Operation
- 24 hours/day, 7 days a week
- 10 to15 hours per day, Monday to Friday (some weekends)
- Programming is generally broadcast on a tape-delayed basis
- Video format: DVD
- AM Bracket: Starts at 8 a.m.
- PM Bracket: Starts at 6 p.m.
Electronic Bulletin Board
- Runs continuously, except during hours of scheduled programming
Educational Event Coverage
- District Number 7 - School Board meetings, concerts and programs, high school sports (JV/Varsity only), student projects, graduation, and various other events.
- SIUE - Arts and Issues programs, concerts and programs, student projects and various other events.
Governmental Event Coverage
- State - Programming from the Illinois State Board of Education, Candidate Debates
- and Various other
- County - Candidate Debates and Various other
- City - LIVE City meetings (City Council, Plan Commission, Zoning Board and other), committee meetings, important community events, cooperate with other City departments and various other
- Includes - “CityScapes,” “Images of Edwardsville,” and various other programs.
- Edwardsville City Council Meetings (1st and 3rd Tuesdays of month at 7 p.m.)
- Plan Commission Meetings (3rd Monday of each month at 7 p.m.)
- Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting (4th Monday of each month at 7 p.m.)
Public Service Announcements
- Public Service Announcements are run throughout week
- Generally conducted in conjunction with Charter Communications
- Consists of two full-time employees (Director of Production and Programming and Assistant Director) and one part-time employee (at present time)
- Rely on volunteers and interns for many tasks (commentators for events, camera operation, some editing and various other duties)
- John E Cunningham, Director of Production and Programming
On the Horizon
- More LIVE coverage of events (District Number 7 School Board Meetings, high school sports events, concerts and programs)
- More coverage of county activities
- Expanded sports coverage
- Email John E. Cunningham
- Phone: 618-692-7551