We stream some of our City meetings and District 7 School board meeting to our Facebook page.
ECTV is the educational and governmental access channel for the City of Edwardsville. ECTV was established in 1986, and its goal is to provide the citizens of the Edwardsville/Glen Carbon area with information and programming concerning the state, county, city, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, Community Unit School District Number 7, and surrounding areas.
Hours of Operation
- 24 hours/day, 7 days a week
- 10 to 15 hours per day, Monday to Friday (some weekends)
- Programming is generally broadcast on a tape-delayed basis
- Video format: DVD
- AM Bracket: Starts at 8 a.m.
- PM Bracket: Starts at 6 p.m.
Electronic Bulletin Board
- Runs continuously, except during hours of scheduled programming
Educational Event Coverage
- District Number 7 - School Board meetings, concerts and programs, high school sports (JV/Varsity only), student projects, graduation, and various other events.
- SIUE - Arts and Issues programs, concerts and programs, student projects and various other events.
Governmental Event Coverage
- State - Programming from the Illinois State Board of Education, Candidate Debates
- and Various other
- County - Candidate Debates and Various other
- City - LIVE City meetings (City Council, Plan Commission, Zoning Board and other), committee meetings, important community events, cooperate with other City departments and various other
- Includes - “CityScapes,” “Images of Edwardsville,” and various other programs.
- Edwardsville City Council Meetings (1st and 3rd Tuesdays of month at 7 p.m.)
- Plan Commission Meetings (3rd Monday of each month at 7 p.m.)
- Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting (4th Monday of each month at 7 p.m.)
Public Service Announcements
- Public Service Announcements are run throughout week
- Generally conducted in conjunction with Charter Communications
- Consists of two full-time employees (Deputy Director Information Technology and Communications and Senior Video Technician) and one part-time employee (at present time)
- We also rely on volunteers and interns for many tasks (commentators for events, camera operation, some editing and various other duties)
- John E Cunningham, Deputy Director Information Technology and Communications
On the Horizon
- More LIVE coverage of events (District Number 7 School Board Meetings, high school sports events, concerts and programs)
- More coverage of county activities
- Expanded sports coverage
- Email John E. Cunningham
- Phone: 618-692-7551