Mayors' Fitness Challenge
WHO WILL BE NAMED "THE FITTEST TOWN?"
COLLINSVILLE? EDWARDSVILLE? MARYVILLE? GLEN CARBON?
WHAT IS THE MAYORS’ FITNESS CHALLENGE?
- The Mayors’ Fitness Challenge is a Community vs. Community, Mayor vs. Mayor challenge that runs for 8 weeks -- from February 15th through April 12th!
- Don’t worry...it’s all in the spirit of friendly competition to get our communities moving!
- We encourage you to invite family, friends, and coworkers from your community to join in the fun and become more active.
- Each week, residents will work to have the highest total of active minutes.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE MAYORS’ FITNESS CHALLENGE?
- Collinsville and Maryville Residents will register HERE with the Collinsville Parks and Recreation Department or calling (618) 346-7529.
- Edwardsville and Glen Carbon Residents will register HERE with the Edwardsville Parks and Recreation Department or calling (618) 692-7538.
- Participants can register at any time during the competition.
WHAT TYPES OF ACTIVITIES CAN WE ENGAGE IN TO TRACK OUR MINUTES?
- Families can walk, run, bike, or participate in their favorite games or sports together.
- It is important for everyone to track all minutes spent doing any physical exercise to give their team the best chance of winning.
- Due to COVID, we encourage individual workouts, participating with your family/group, and exercising outdoors while following physical distancing guidelines.
HOW DO I REPORT THE NUMBER OF MINUTES I EXERCISED?
- Upon registration, you will receive a follow-up email with the PDF containing all eight weeks of logs. You can also find those logs HERE. Each week, email the completed log to email@example.com.
- You will be asked to enter the total number of minutes or hours you, and your family members (if participating) were actively engaged in fitness activities during the week. You MUST send that log weekly to be included in the weekly participation count.
- There will be a child category (ages 3 -15) and an adult category (ages 16+).
HOW WILL YOU KNOW I ACTUALLY COMPLETED THE MINUTES I AM REPORTING?
- Minutes spent exercising will be reported on an honor system. This is a friendly competition between municipalities, and we encourage members of our community to be honest about their achievements.
WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?
- In addition to bettering your health (February is “American Heart Month”, after all), prizes will be awarded to participants along the way! Each participant from the winning municipality will get a t-shirt and the Mayors will get a traveling trophy to display in City Hall.