City of Edwardsville - Economic Support Grant Program
The City of Edwardsville will provide economic support grants to retail, personal service, medical providers, tourism, and hospitality businesses (excluding home occupations), and bars and restaurants that have experienced significant disruption or temporary closure attributable to the COVID-19 public health emergency. The economic support grants will reimburse costs associated with the purchase of personal protective equipment and cleaning supplies necessary to comply with the prevention directives instituted in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
A third application period will open on January 3, 2021 and close January 31, 2021. Applications are reviewed and funded on a first come first serve basis.
No reimbursement may exceed $1,000.00 per application; the total program may not exceed $100,000.00.
The program shall comply with all terms and conditions set forth by the State of Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity Local CURE Economic Support Payments Grant Program.
Qualifying Businesses and Eligible Reimbursable Costs
A business may be eligible to receive financial support through the program if it:
- Is a for-profit enterprise or non-profit organization conducting business in Illinois;
- Is independently owned and operated;
- Has experienced or is experiencing business interruption due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, resulting in decreases in revenue caused by closing or limiting access to comply with prevention directives or by decreased customer demand;
- Operates a physical location within the corporate boundaries of the City of Edwardsville;
- Operates as a retail, personal service, medical provider, tourism, and hospitality business (excluding home occupations) or operates as food or beverage establishment that is licensed or otherwise permitted to sell food or beverages for on-site consumption and does not include event spaces or banquet halls or grocery or convenience stores, and that operates as a restaurant, tavern, saloon, or lounge as defined in Section 1252.2 of Appendix B of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Edwardsville (Zoning Code); and
- Is expected to be fully operational after local and state emergency guidelines are rolled back.
Business Types Excluded
- A private club or business that limits membership for reasons other than capacity
- A government-owned business entity (unless owned or controlled by a Native American tribe)
- A business engaged in pyramid sales
A business shall be ineligible to receive financial support through the program if it:
- Is delinquent on payment of any State of Illinois tax obligation;
- Is engaged in a business that is unlawful under Illinois or federal law;
- Has already received assistance, or notice of award of assistance, under the State of Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity BIG Program or the Madison County Small Business Loan Program;
- Has any current unpaid code enforcement liens;
- Is on the federal System for Award Management excluded parties list;
- An owner, officer, partner, or principal actor of the business has a felony conviction for financial mismanagement within the last two years for which he or she is still serving a sentence (including prison, parole, and probation); or
- Does not meet any other eligibility criteria established in the application.
Eligible Reimbursable Costs
- Must have been incurred between March 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020.
- Include personal protective equipment purchased for the use of employees and/or customers including plexiglass barriers, facemasks, and rubber gloves
- Include cleaning costs (supplies and/or services)
Ineligible Reimbursable Costs
- Expenses that have been or will be reimbursed under any State, local, or federal program
- Damages covered by insurance
- Reimbursement to donors for donated items