- Your Government
- Economic Development
Edwardsville is located on the thriving Illinois side of the Mississippi River, just half an hour from St. Louis, Missouri. Retail businesses, manufacturers, distribution centers, and office and technology firms will all find extraordinary opportunities in what Edwardsville has to offer:
- An unparalleled combination of connectivity that provides some of the lowest shipping costs in the country and easy access to suppliers and markets everywhere.
- Conveniently located sites with key infrastructure, abundant utilities, robust telecommunications and plenty of room to grow.
- Excellent schools that, along with the local colleges and universities, are preparing a large and highly skilled workforce for the most demanding and in-demand jobs.
- A quality of life that helps to attract and retain the best and the brightest workers.
- An enviable network of state and interstate highways that provide easy access to the almost 3 million very active consumers living within a 60-mile radius of the city.
- A powerful package of incentives, including tax abatements and Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Districts, some of which are also located in the Gateway Enterprise Zone to provide additional benefits.
- Whether your business is large or small or somewhere in between, with benefits like these, you really can’t afford not to take a closer look at Edwardsville. Just click on the links on this page to see how locating here could be one of the best business decisions you’ll ever make.
The Economic Development Department works diligently to ensure a pro-business climate that encourages our existing industries to grow and expand, and to attract new business to invest in our community. Our services include:
- Assistance on Available Buildings and Sites
- Business Assistance
- Business Retention Visits
Live, Learn, Work, Play
For more detailed information, visit the City of Edwardsville Economic Development website online.
Connect with the City of Edwardsville on social media:
James ArnoldEconomic / Community Development DirectorPhone: 618-692-7533