List of Parks in Edwardsville
Check to reserve a park pavilion
To reserve a pavilion at Township Park, please call the Edwardsville Township at 656-0292.
City Park - 101 South Buchanan
2.088 acres, is the City's most centrally located park. It is bordered by Park, Kansas, Buchanan, and Vandalia Streets, and is the site of the Edwardsville Public Library. Facilities, include; the Cleaon Etzkorn bandstand, where municipal band concerts are held during the summer, park benches, the Madison County Centennial Monument, and the beautiful park fountain, donated by Mr. and Mrs. Richard Bearden. This park is considered a community park in that, a number of large community festivals and events are conducted each year at the site.
Hoppe Park- 1500 Tower Ave.
10.0 acres, is currently the City's second largest developed active community park area. Located on Tower Avenue, in the Northwestern section of the City, it is the home of the Edwardsville Little League baseball program. Facilities include; one major league size baseball field, and one elementary size baseball field, (both lighted), one concession/ restroom building, and three playground areas. Little League headquarters is also located in the park.
Hotz Park - St. Louis & Randle Street
0.2 acres, is the smallest park within the City, and one of the smallest in the state and country. Located at St. Louis and Randle Streets, it holds a huge stone bearing a bronze plaque, commemorating the City's five resident Governors.
Joe Glik Park - 710 East Lake Drive
42+ acres, is the City's largest passive park. Purchased through a donation from Mr. Joe Glik, and two, Illinois Department of Natural Resources grants, this park is located east of the Dunlap Lake subdivision, on East Lake Drive. The first phase of the development of the 42-acre site is complete with 2500 feet of walking, biking, skating trails, two fishing lakes, concrete fishing deck, picnic pavilions, a comfort station, playground, sand volleyball courts, and areas for open play. Further development will come in the next several years in conjunction with new transportation improvements in the eastern corridor of the City.
Leclaire Baseball Field - 701 Hale Ave.
3.3 acres, is located at 701 Hale avenue, adjacent to Troy Road. It is a completely renovated park, with signature Little League baseball facilities. In a cooperative effort with the Edwardsville Glen Carbon Little League Association, the City completed an elementary size baseball field, with sprinkler system, electronic scoreboard, new field lighting system, concession/restroom/pressbox building, paved parking lot, new street lighting, sidewalks, flagpoles, grandstand seating, waterfall, and site amenities, which makes this park the focal point of the entire area. Also on this park site is the historic Leclaire Academy building, a 100+ year old school building currently the site of the Childrens Museum.
Leclaire Park - 900 Hale Ave.
5.8 acres, is located within the historic Leclaire neighborhood, and is the favorite picnic and playground area of many Edwardsville families. Although small, it is considered a community park in that people from all of the neighboring communities visit the park to enjoy its beautiful setting. Three playground areas, a bandstand gazebo, a large picnic pavilion, two small picnic shelters, and a handicapped accessible restroom facility, all compliment the major feature, a two acre fishing lake, complete with a lighted fountain, a water fall, and of course, geese and ducks.
Leon Corlew Park - 333 South Main Street
The City's newest park is 2 acres and includes an accessible splash pad with features ranging from gentle bubblers on one end to a large dumping bucket on the other end. There is also a traditional dry playground area featuring a toddler structure and a bigger kid structure with two tall and winding slides all on an accessible rubber surface. The park also includes a fitness trail, two pavilions and a restroom and concession area that has two family rooms in addition to the men's and women's restrooms.
Lusk Park - 535 Randle Street
2.8 acres, is the site of the City's oldest cemetery, and considered to be a passive park. Amenities include; park benches, memorial plaques, and wrought iron fencing at the main entrance. The remains of several of the original headstones are still visible near the entrance of this neighborhood park.
Rotary Park - Hadley Ave.
.5 acres, is a small, neighborhood park, located at the end of Hadley Avenue, and bordered on the north by a two-rail wooden fence. Amenities include; playground, picnic tables, barbecue grills, and a drinking fountain.
Springers Woods - 501 Lindley Ave.
10.4 acres, is a wooded nature area that winds through a quiet neighborhood in the central, north end of the City. Besides its natural beauty, a children's playground, an exercise trail, and two picnic shelters are located with in the park.
Terry Park - Terry Ave.
3.9 acres, is largely a natural wildlife area, that is located along Terry and Grand Avenues. Laced with walking paths, it is used mostly by neighborhood children walking to and from school.
Tower Park - 89 Bennington Place
Is a one-acre, neighborhood park located at 89 Bennington Place. It contains a basketball court and a picnic shelter and barbecue grill, and is mainly used as a neighborhood park.
Vadalabene Park - 501 & 599 Voge Ave.
3.75 acres, is the home of the City's fast-pitch softball program. Located at the northern edge of the City, on Home and Voge Avenues, it contains; one basketball court, two lighted softball fields, and a children's "tot lot", picnic pavilion, and two, concession/restroom buildings. With more than 1700 participants in the community utilizing the facility during the summer, we consider this a community park.
Watershed Nature Center - 1591 Tower Ave.
At 40+ acres, it is considered to be the outdoor learning center for anyone interested in the science and beauty of nature. Located on Tower Avenue, directly adjacent to Hoppe Park, this is the site of the City's former sewage lagoon, which, with the help of many volunteers, donations, and LWCF grant funding from the state, was transformed into a nature center many feel is one of the best they have ever seen. With over 3,000 feet of paved trails, 800 feet of concrete walks elevated over wetlands, two observation towers, one observation blind, two lakes, prairies, upland forest, and a 1500 square foot Interpretive Welcome Center building, this is not only a community park, but a regional one. Please visit www.watershednaturecenter.org/ for more information regarding the center.
The Watershed Nature Center is ADA compliant. Please contact the City of Edwardsville, Parks and Recreation Department for further information.
Winston Brown Recreation Complex - 1325 Schiller Ave.
10.5 acres, previously known as Lower Hoppe Park, this area was renamed and dedicated in honor of the late Winston Brown, long time Park Board Chairman, educator, coach, and City Council member. The site includes; two, lighted softball fields, a children's playground, concession/restroom building, picnic pavilion, and two, lighted full-court basketball courts, complete with spectator seating. A brick and stone monument now marks the entrance to the park.