Tree Planting Program
2018 EDWARDSVILLE TREE PLANTING PROGRAM FOR RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY OWNERS
The Edwardsville Beautification and Tree Commission is pleased to announce the opportunity for residents to participate in the “Edwardsville Tree Planting Program.” This program enables residents to be reimbursed one-half the cost (up to $75.00) of purchasing and planting one approved tree each year at their primary place of residence within the Edwardsville City Limits.
- For residents to be eligible for program participation and reimbursement, all applications must be received by the Department of Public Works and approved by the City prior to final tree selection and planting.
- Applications for trees planted between August 20, 2018 and December 7, 2018 must be submitted no later than December 7, 2018. Receipts for reimbursement must be dated in this time frame. Applications will be reviewed and the applicant will be contacted by email once approved. This program is on a first-come, first-serve basis as funding priorities allow.
- Reimbursement will only be authorized for the planting of tree types listed with the approved application and after inspection is completed by a city official. All plantings must be completed no later than December 7, 2018, at the residential address listed on the application.
- The property owner shall purchase trees and arrange for tree plantings. They are also required to contact J.U.L.I.E. (Joint Utility Locating Information for Excavators) at 1-800-892-0123 and request the location and marking of any potentially conflicting underground utilities. This MUST be done prior to any digging.
- Eligibility for reimbursement will only be considered after submission of accepted proof of tree purchase to the Edwardsville Public Works Department, City Tree Planting Program, 200 East Park Street, Edwardsville, Illinois 62025. All claims for reimbursement must be received no later than December 14, 2018.
- Reimbursement will be authorized by the city arborist after inspection and approval of proper tree planting. Any questions should be directed to the Public Works Department, 618-692-7535.
- Even if you have purchased a tree in previous years and have been reimbursed, you are still eligible to participate.
LIST OF APPROVED TREES
Autumn Blaze Maple, Bald Cypress, Basswood, Beech, Black Gum, Carolina Silverbell, Crabapple, Dogwood (cornus florida or alternifolia), Elm (disease resistant), Gingko (male), Hackberry, Hornbeam, Kentucky Coffee (male), Larch, Linden, Magnolia, Oaks, Pawpaw, Pines, Red Bud, Red Maple, River Birch, Sassafras, Serviceberry, Sourwood, Spruce, Sugar Maple, Sycamore, Tulip, Zelkova.